Pages

Tuesday 10 July 2012

Horoscopes

My horoscope today says I should express my creative talents.  Not that I believe in horoscopes, of course.  I just read them every day and complain if they're missing from the paper.  But I don't *believe* in them.

Except for times when they say really nice things about me, perhaps.  Or when what they say happens to come true.

What did Agatha Christie say?  When we make a guess and it comes true, we call it intuition.  When we make a guess and  it doesn't come true, we seldom speak of it again.

The same with horoscopes, I guess.

I took a course on superstitions last month.  Quite interesting.  It made me realize how many superstitions I follow.  Not the common ones, though I found myself knocking on wood the other day to ward off bad luck, and nowadays if I see a penny I will pick it up for good luck.  But there are so many times I think, No, it will be luckier to wear that shirt today, or it will be bad luck if I do such and such.

Luck, what is it?  Today's horoscope also says I will have some.  We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Everybody believes differently..it depends from person to person on what superstition one believes on..everyone likes to read such post and check how far its true. Thanks for sharing this post, it was great reading it.

    regards
    Horoscope rings

    ReplyDelete